Thanks for all the father's day wishes.
I actually forgot.
I worked on Sunday but my daughter and I chilled all day Saturday.
Good times!
She also conquered her fears on the playground which was awesome to witness.
I don't know whether I am a "good" father or not but I am trying to be not a "bad" one.
The most challenging thing for me as a dad is biting my tongue and not being directive in my speech ("Do this!", "You HAVE to do that!", "You BETTER do blah blah blah!") but instead talk with her and (attempt) to explain why things are done the way they are done; providing her with the opportunity to think, (attempt) to manage her own behaviors, and to ask questions when she doesn't know.
I'm not as good at it as I'd like to be yet.
Something I am working on is not being so overcautious (if there even is such a thing) when she is doing something slightly dare devilish. I have to let her learn to respect things like the force of gravity. I must teach her how to fall rather than trying to prevent her from falling––within the bounds of reason of course.
I hope that this past year I was better as a dad (and husband) than the one prior and I will do my best to be a better one this coming year.
I know it sounds corny but that's what being a dad is all about, right?
Peace

Comments
Post a Comment